Pre-sales practitioner
Clearance Required: None. The likely candidate will be an English national capable (and in agreement) of being cleared after joining.
A key role in the Solutions team taking responsibility for implementing and owning engagements with existing customer and new business prospects. To assist the Solutions Director in the day to day running of client opportunities, working closely with the Sales team to generate and close sales qualified opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of pre-sales support to the business development and sales teams during meetings with potential customers in order to define practical security solutions using company products and services. This requires the application of architectural and engineering concepts to design a solution that meets customer operational requirements, including scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability
- Organisation: Prioritizing multiple, conflicting, priorities across potential and actual customers.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of both company and third-party products that are essential to the construction of secure systems.
- Maintaining hands-on skills/experience on multiple hardware and software environments and being comfortable with complex heterogeneous systems environments.
- Working with the product manager to confirm feasibility of new product requirements.
- Develop integrated solutions using company and third-party products making use of scripting languages
- Assist customer support team in working through product related customer issues.
- Assist sales team in preparing proposals for customers.
- Work with technology partners.
Skills / Attributes Required:
- Understanding of cloud architectures – ideally at least AWS and Azure
- Strong domain knowledge of building secure systems (ranging from requirements and detailed understanding of implementation);
- Development experience using scripting languages e.g. Python, PowerShell etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions within the business;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal;
Excellent company benefits package; pension, healthcare, annual bonus.
Our preferred location for our candidate is within 3 hours travel from Malvern.