Senior Assistant (Project Management)
Clearance Required: national Secret (e.g. SC) or NATO Secret
Required Skills and Experience:
- Higher vocational training in a relevant discipline, or equivalent combination of qualification and experience;
- At least five years’ experience in a progressively responsible technical and administrative support job, with at least 2 years within the Project Management / Project support domain;
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to develop and set in place new processes and procedures;
- Skilled in the use of advanced computer-based tools in the areas of office automation (MS Office Suite especially MS Excel, MS SharePoint);
- Familiar with project management / project planning methods and tools including MS-EPM / MS-Project;
- Familiar with principles of accounting and finance;
- Ability to take initiative and a flexible approach allowing the incumbent to respond reliably and competently to changing requirements in a demanding environment.
Under the supervision of the Head Project Support Office (PSO), the incumbent will perform duties such as the following:
- Support the day-to-day operation of all Organizational Elements with P3SM responsibilities, specifically support to staff in the use of the project management toolset:
• MS-EPM / MS-Project;
• Reporting using the Agency Business Intelligence tools;
• Oracle Business Applications;
- Provide support to Project Managers (PMs), and to the management teams of Organisational Elements in the following tasks:
• Assist with project planning, resourcing, and cost estimation;
• Assist with project-related data entries, data quality assurance, and report generation;
• Assist with cross-project coordination;
• Support to the development of new P3SM processes / tools, or tool-related procedures;
• Act as point of contact, and deal diplomatically, on a variety of issues in relation to P3SM tools and processes.
- Maintain project baselines;
- Ensure P3SM processes and procedures are followed in accordance with NATO and Agency Directives and guidelines, and give advice accordingly to staff.