Senior Contracting Assistant/ Buyer
Clearance Required: national Secret (e.g. SC) or NATO Secret
Required Skills and Experience:
- Vocational training at a higher administrative level, or equivalent combination of appropriate national qualifications and experience, supplemented by basic level contracting training courses;
- At least eight years' experience at a responsible level in contracting, finance or business;
- Demonstrated knowledge of competitive and sole source procurement procedures, price analysis techniques, contract law, contract administration and industrial practices.
- Basic knowledge and experience working with databases and automated tools
- Experience in composing business correspondence.
- Ability to work responsibly, precisely and independently.
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT.
• Checking the incoming requests against the internal Agency policies and regulations
• Maintaining the Acquisition Data base
• Cross-referencing the invoices against the Purchase Orders
• Maintaining collaboration with Financial department
• Creating new vendors in EBA
• Responsible for all bid administration phase (including RCAB activities): support pre and post contract award, contract administration actions, maintaining contract fifes
• Performs other duties as may be required