Safety Engineer
Clearance Required: national Secret (e.g. SC) or NATO Secret
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience with developing safety-related design requirements and specifications as part of a product’s Functional & Allocated baseline.
- Practical experience with system development & acceptance phases of procuring complex distributed software intensive safety critical systems
- Experience with the development and maintenance of Safety Management Systems
- Very good knowledge and practical experience with IEC-61508 and EUROCONTROL-SAM
- Good experience with planning and scheduling aspects of integrating safety engineering and management in system development
- Highly proficient in English language, both verbally and in writing.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Practical experience with procurement and/or development of large complex safety related systems in missile defence or air traffic management domain
- Practical experience with programme management aspects of developing complex software & human intensive critical systems, e.g. MSP
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a matrixed environment
- Excellent collaboration skills in a multinational, multi-disciplinary, technical and management team environment High work ethic, hands-on attitude, works well within a multi-disciplinary team, mission & customer value oriented attitude.
• Conduct and facilitate safety assessments towards, and including, deriving safety design requirements as part of the BMD System of Systems Functional-, Allocated-, and Product-baseline
• Evaluate individual project safety cases towards, and including, conducting safety assessment of the collective system of systems
• Conduct safety assessments in support of transitioning systems constituting the BMD System of Systems to operations
• Develop detailed methodological requirements and guidance for integrating safety assessments into the development of BMD System of Systems and its constituting systems, including the technical oversight thereof by the designated design authority
• Develop and maintain the Safety Management System, including the definition of processes and procedures applicable to BMD
• Advise senior and executive management levels on system safety issues involving any and all aspects of the system development lifecycle, including programme & project-level managerial aspects